How to Cook One-Pot Chicken and Mushroom ‘Claypot’ Rice Set (with just a Rice Cooker!)
Craving for claypot chicken rice but don't have a claypot at home? Well, we've got some great news for you! If you haven't already, make sure to grab our brand new One-Pot Chicken and Mushroom ‘Claypot’ Rice Set before following this recipe.
This all-in-one set includes chicken, mushrooms, marination mix, and premium Thai Jasmine rice, so you can enjoy all the traditional flavours and aromas of the claypot in the comfort of your own home. Plus, with our easy-to-follow recipe, you'll be able to make a restaurant-quality claypot chicken rice right in your own kitchen. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Rehydrate Premium Dried Chinese Black Fungus in a bowl of warm water for approx. 15 mins or till it expands 3-4 times.
Step 2: Concurrently, wash the Local Shiitake Mushrooms before slicing them up into your desired size. We recommend varying the sizes for more crunch and texture!
Step 3: After which, remove the S-Pure Boneless Leg from its packaging.
- Dice them into cubes of your desired size. We recommend varying the sizes for more texture!
Step 4: Cut/tear the rehydrated Premium Chinese Black Fungus into your desired size.
- We recommend varying the sizes for more crunch and texture!
Step 5: In a large mixing bowl, mix the provided Wet Marinade and Dry Marinade thoroughly.
- After which, add the rehydrated Premium Chinese Black Fungus, diced Local Shiitake Mushrooms and cubed S-Pure Boneless Leg. Mix well.
Step 6: Marinade for at least 30 mins or ideally a day in advance to allow the marinade to penetrate the mixture.
Step 7: When the marination is almost done, wash your rice and add it into your rice cooker.
- Add water to your rice (till it reaches the first joint of your index finger, or approx. 1:1 rice to water ratio)
Step 8: Add cooking oil (not provided) into the rice mixture so that they will crisp up later when cooking!
Step 9: Dice the spring onions, separate them into whites and greens. Set aside.
Step 10: Add your marinated chicken and mushroom mix onto the top of the rice.
- Spread them out evenly and make sure all the marinade is also mixed into the rice.
- Add the white parts of the diced Spring Onions onto top of the mixture.
- (Optional: If you’d like to replicate a classic Claypot Rice Recipe, you may also include diced Dried Chinese Sausages)
Step 11: Cook the ingredients for approx. 30 - 35 mins
- If your rice cooker has a Claypot function, do select it as it will optimise the cooking process!
Step 12: When done, add the diced green part of the spring onions onto the rice and give the entire pot a good mix to make sure that all your guests get a good mix of crispy rice, savoury mushrooms and chunky chicken.
- (Optional: You may also add dark soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper into the claypot rice for more umami!)
Step 13: Before you eat, take your best photo/video and tag us on @QuanShuiWetMarket Enjoy your meal!
Treat yourself to a hearty and warm meal today. Order our One-Pot Chicken and Mushroom ‘Claypot’ Rice Set today and experience the convenience of this all-in-one recipe. For even more guidance, check out our step-by-step tutorial video here.